AVIPure® - AAV8: A high performance AAV8 affinity resin for large scale manufacturing
Purification of recombinant AAV8 from cell lysates remains a technical challenge and an economic burden for commercial manufacturing of novel gene therapeutics, especially for treating diseases with large patient populations and/or high doses. Those companies moving towards the production of a kilogram of capsids are faced with short column lifetimes and the inability to use NaOH solutions for cleaning, leading to high resin consumable costs exceeding millions of dollars.
To support the rapidly-expanding gene therapy industry, Avitide has developed AVIPure® – AAV8, a novel affinity chromatography resin with ability to perform single-step purification of AAV8 from cell lysates with excellent yield and purity. In this webinar, we demonstrate the purification performance of AVIPure® – AAV8 using industrially relevant feed streams.
Thomas Scanlon, Ph.D.
Director of Ligand Discovery
Key distinguishing features of AVIPure® - AAV8
- Extremely high capacity: DBC10 > 1.0 x 1015 vp/mLRESIN
- Ability to process at fast flow rates enabling high volumetric processing capability
- The ability to clean with 0.5 M NaOH for repetitive purification cycles
- High purity of eluted product in a single step from lysate feed streams
- Large diameter agarose bead enables high flow rates and excellent resistance to fouling